Charity Marketing: What to Expect
Charity marketing is the promotional activities implementation carried out to underpin a cause, or licensing a contract with a non-profit organisation. An excellent example is the utilisation of a name or logo to symbolise the charity activity being done.? A fundamental principle of charity marketing is choosing the correct markets for its services, campaigns or fundraising messages. In most cases, charity marketing has at least three target populations:
- Potential volunteers
- Prospective donors
Success is achieved through marketing plans that indicate how the organisation will appeal to its target group. The elements included are:
- Goal statement
- Marketing tactics
- Action plan
Church fundraising ideas
Church fundraising has been in existence for a long time and is popular for playing the role of family and community get together. People socialise and know more about each other as well as display different talents for entertainment. All in all a successful fundraising is an excellent way of strengthening a persons community and faith. Some church fundraising ideas include:
- Crafts for sale
- Fun games for children
- Food for sale
- Church cookbooks
- Car donations
- Christmas Cards
- Brick fundraising
- Candle fundraising
- Angel Festival
Best fundraising ideas
In todays world, fundraising has developed beyond the established strategies and more creativity can assist an organisation to increase money for its cause. It is therefore important to have fun and maintain the original corporate image, as well as be passionate about activities, to engage donors who have the same feeling. The best fundraising ideas consist of:
- Special occasions; for instance, wedding ceremonies and birthday celebrations.
- Start the bidding like a silent auction, hired hand for a day, Ebay auction and?bachelor/bachelorette auction.
- Just for fun, for example toonie drive, ugly dog contest, jail and bail, bad hair day.
- At the office where activities such as dress gown days, pizza lunch, coffee clutch day and vendor auction are a success.
- Holiday fun, for example Valentine day, Groundhog Day and family day.
- Sales, such as garage sale, seed drive, and etsy sales.
- Food including snack stall, pancake breakfast, popcorn sale and lemonade stand.
- An example of an idea of the host with the most examples includes guys night out, gold party, girls night in and fashion show.
- Sports and tournaments, for instance, three-on-three basketball, poker, mini-Golf, and board game tournament.
- At your service that involves organising a gift wrap, dog wash, car wash, and photo scanning.
- Talent spotlight that involves talent shows, art show, the battle of the bands, and dance-a-thon.
Charity agencies conduct their operations as outlined in regulations and law.?These charity organisations obtain finances through donations, fundraising activities, investment of the money obtained through grants, fees charged for services offered.?The donors expectations are safeguarded by the law that directs the organisations for charity to utilise the contributions only the purpose it was raised. Consequently, an organisation running for the purpose of charity, does not own property, rather it holds properties to use for specific reasons. This form of ownership by holding money for community motive is known as a charity trust.